Thursday, April 26, 2012

Google Drive's Privacy Policy

 Unfortunately, Google drive's privacy policy is fairly similar to already established programs such as Drop box, SkyDrive, and iCloud. Ever since Google has  made a privacy policy a few months back that was an "all encompassing privacy policy for all services," concerns have been rising. Google Drive is under this policy. This policy basically says that yes, you can put your information together and share it, but Google has the right to look at and distribute it for service purposes as well. If I were using Google Drive I know I wouldn't want people seeing my work and personal stuff I put on there for myself. Although the other programs don't get as much scrutiny as Google, they are just as scary in the same ways. So if you do not want to give companies like Apple, Google and Microsoft, don't sign up.

http://venturebeat.com/2012/04/26/google-drive-privacy/

No comments:

Post a Comment