Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Education Technology: Schools that Cannot Afford

This article from the Huffington Post talks about disadvantages from a rising number of schools who cannot afford the technology needed for education. Some schools can only afford up to 24 computers per thousand students. I can relate to this article because when I was younger I attended very small schools with a limited amount of computers (these computers where not up to date either.) When I came to Anderson County I was blown away from all the technology and how much we had to use it, it was all new to me. It makes me wonder how much more I would of know before if my old schools had the same amount of technology. I also believe that if poor schools such as the ones in the article don't update or get more computers soon, they will be unable to function efficiently just as other schools can.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/24/education-technology-as-s_n_1228072.html
This is the link to the article. ^^

4 comments:

  1. I like this article. I can relate to this also. From the school i came from we couldn't afford new computers and only had one laptop cart. It kinda sucked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ya. it would be hard to teach or learn with a limited amount of computers. The internet is the most used resource for information. If someone needs to know something in most cases their not gonna be, like oh let me go look in this book, they are gonna find a computer asap and find it out. Brittney i totally agree :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read an article similar to this one. People say that sometimes to get your way, you need to go out and do it yourself. However, when it comes to funding all you can really do is apply and wait. With poor schools and communities though, we sometimes do even have the programs we need in order to try and get the funding and education similar to those of the wealthier communities. This is a situation where all you can is keep talking about it and hope the government will pick up on it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Technology is useful when teaching. It its good when a school can afford to have enough technology to properly teach. It would be harder to go to a school that couldn't afford the technology that we have today. It makes things easier.

    ReplyDelete