Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Response to the Digital Footprint Videos

Well, after watching a few of the Digital Footprint videos I am a little scared. Anyone can basically steal anyone's identity. I've been aware that skilled hackers were able to do this before, but now it seems as though it has become easy enough for anyone to do it. As for the content that people are willing to put on the internet (such as Facebook statuses and pictures,) I believe it is entirely up to that person. They know others are going to see it and if they get in trouble, they shouldn't be surprised.

5 comments:

  1. It seems like it's getting easier every day to be able to "hack" someone or find out so much about them. I think the reason so many people put so much online is because they want to hold onto it because it has some sort of sentimental meaning to them. Later on though, they might realize it really wasn't that important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you, i think it is scary that people can steal your idenity, but if your smart about it and not put things that is important including your address social security number. And ya people know what they are uploading, they should'nt put something that will get the in trouble and if someone else is uploading pictures don't put yourself in that situation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's true, if you are scared that someone will see a picture of you that will make you look bad, don't post it. You might want to keep it as a memory, but you can always print the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with jason, there are people who can steal your identity, but if you dont put sensitive information out there, than no one can use it. Putting bad stuff on the internet is just a stupid way to get in trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I also agree with you. I'm scared to, I don't want people stealing my identity. I think people should also be careful with the stuff they put on the internet.

    ReplyDelete